Student must be 18 or older.
Students must be a resident of Fairfax County.
Student contacts FCAHS registrar to schedule an appointment with a counselor. The counselor will meet with learner and review pathways of completion.
Student must provide proof of residency, current transcript, birth certificate, immunization records, and test scores.
Students aged 18 years or older who have needs that cannot be addressed in the comprehensive high school setting and/or alternative high school setting may simultaneously take selected courses at FCAHS. Parents or guardians must sign the Fairfax County Adult and Alternative High School permission enrollment form (IS-303), available from base school.
Limited FCPS transportation services may be available for school-aged students to attend day programs. Connector bus passes available to students aged 24 and under.
- Students aged 18-21 (ELL and English Fluent Speakers) and aged 22 + requiring eight credits or less.
- Virginia approved diploma (Adult, Standard, and Advanced Studies). Diploma requirements are based on a student’s ninth grade entry date.
How are students prepared:
- The program offers high school credit courses and language development classes for English Language Learners.
- Daytime: M-F (five days a week); five 1.25 hour classes daily; semester program.
- Evening: M-Th (M-W and/or T-Th); two 1.5 hour classes/evening; year-long program.
- No tuition for General Education students aged 18—19.
- No tuition for English Language Learners (ELLs) aged 18—21.
- Day program tuition = $80.00 per semester.
- Evening program tuition = $160.00 per school year.
High School Equivalency (HSE)
- Any student aged 18—21, who elects to enroll in HSE, and any student over age 22 who still needs more than eight credits to earn a credential.
- The approved HSE is Virginia is the GED®. The GED® consists of four subject tests including Reasoning Through Language Arts, Mathematical Reasoning, Science, and Social Studies.
How are students prepared:
- The program offers academic support including Pre-Intermediate and Intermediate Adult Basic Education (ABE) classes and GED® Prep classes.
- Daytime: Monday through Friday 9:00 - 12:00; semester program. (Plum Center)
- Evening: One three hour session M-W and/or T-Th 5:00 - 8:00 p.m.; semester program. (Plum Center, Herndon High School)
- Saturday: One three hour session 9:00 - 12:00; semester program. (Plum Center, FCAHS West)
- No tuition for General Education students aged 18 through 19. No tuition for English Language Learners aged 18 through 21.
- Day/Evening program fees = $80.00 per semester
Registration/Information: please contact our school registrar at (703) 658 - 2736 or FCAHSregistration@fcps.edu.