High School Equivalency (HSE)
The HSE program is a program for any student aged 18—21, who elects to enroll in HSE, and any student over age 22 who still needs more than eight credits to earn a credential.
The approved HSE in Virginia is the GED®. The GED® consists of four subject tests including Reasoning Through Language Arts, Mathematical Reasoning, Science, and Social Studies.
Students enrolled in the HSE program receive academic support through Adult Basic Education (ABE) and GED® Prep classes.
Detailed class offerings are listed below:
- Daytime: Monday through Friday 9:00 - 12:00; semester program. (Plum Center)
- Evening: Three hour sessions M-W and/or T-Th 5:00 - 8:00 p.m.; semester program. (Plum Center, Herndon High School)
- Saturday: Three hour session 9:00 - 12:00; semester program. (Plum Center, FCAHS West)
Tuition is described below:
- Program tuition is $80.00 per semester
- General Education students aged 18 through 19 do not pay tuition
- English Language Learners aged 18 through 21 do not pay tuition